Questions that you may use when picking your Wedding DJ in Ireland
1. Will you personally be the DJ for our reception?
2. If the answer is no:
When can we meet the DJ who will work at my reception so I can see if I feel comfortable with that person/ see if we are on the same wavelength?
3. If you are not talking to the disc jockey, also ask:
If the disc jockey we want no longer works for your company when our wedding comes up, what will you do?
4. If you are talking to the disc jockey that will work at your reception:
Do you DJ full-time?
5. What do you do the rest of the week?
6. What kind of experience, background, and education do you have?
7. Have you received any formal classroom training as a disc jockey?
8. How long have you been a disc jockey, and how many weddings have you performed at?
9. Have you handled events of my type and size before?
10. What are the reasons you think we should hire you?
11. Do you also Emcee the reception?
12. How many consultations do you provide in your package prices?
13. Do you provide an entertainment planner?
14. Do you come to my home or business to go over the entertainment planner?
15. Do you carry liability insurance?
16. Are you a member of your local
Chamber of Commerce or BBB?
17. If in Canada, is your business registered with the Audio Video Licensing Agency Inc. (AVLA) to legally play re-recorded music?
18. What time do you arrive to setup your equipment?
19. Hours of service:
20. Do you wear a suit and tie?
21. How many songs do you have in your library?
22. What format is your music in? (i.e. records, cassettes, CD)
23. Do you provide cocktail/ dinner music?
24. Do you provide a wireless microphone for speeches?
25. Do you bring backup equipment with you?
26. Are basic effects lighting included?
27. Do you offer lighting and sound upgrades?
28. How many people will cover the event?
29. Is a deposit required? If so, how much?
30. When is the deposit due?
31. May I make partial payments?
32. When is the final payment due?
33. Is gratuity included in the price?
34. If not, what is the percentage of the service charge?
35. What percentage are the taxes?
36. What is the overtime charge?
37. Are there any additional charges not mentioned? (i.e. travel)
38. Do you provide a written contract and guarantee?